Having reviewed the diverse clinical subtypes of lichenoid disease and the postulated molecular basis thereof in the first article in this 2-part continuing medical education series, we discuss herein the existing and emerging treatment strategies in the most common clinical forms of lichenoid inflammation and provide an overview of their pharmacodynamics and evidence base.
The scope of this review is not to exhaustively discuss treatment modalities for all lichenoid variants discussed in the previous article of this series. Instead, the focus will be on frequently encountered subtypes of lichen planus and on linking mechanisms of disease with mechanisms of drug action. Future directions and potential avenues for translational research will also be discussed.
- Fonte Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Titolo originale Lichen planus and lichenoid dermatoses: Conventional and emerging therapeutic strategies.
- Autori Tziotzios C, Brier T, Lee JYW, Saito R, Hsu CK, Bhargava K, Stefanato CM, Fenton DA, McGrath JA.
- Link fonte Link articolo originale
- Parole chiave lichen planus