The John Stratigos Memorial Scholarship is open to applicants working in:
Albania; Algeria; Croatia; Cyprus; Egypt; Greece; Israel; Italy; Jordan; Lebanon; Libya; Malta; Monaco; Morocco; Palestine; Portugal; Montenegro; Spain; Syria; Tunisia or Turkey.
The scholarship will be awarded to one successful applicant per country. (In the case that the committee receives 10 or more eligible applications from the same country, there may be two winners from that country).
Criteria for Scholarship Applications
- Must be a Resident/Trainee, a Specialist, or a Scientist in Dermatology and/or Venereology under 40 years of age (at the time of the application)
- Must not have previously received one of the following EADV Scholarships: Michael Hornstein, John Stratigos and/or Imrich Sarkany Memorial Scholarships
- Must have adequate knowledge of the English language
- A complete Scholarship Application Form
- A recent CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A list of publications written in compliance with the below document:
How to prepare your list of publications (We advise interested candidates to carefully read the document as a new template and scoring system has been applied)
- A letter of support, written either by the training director/ head of department, hospital or clinic endorsing the applicant. The letter must be signed and stamped and written on the official organisation letterhead.
- An updated copy of the applicant’s training certificate in English, indicating the start and end date of residency OR specialist certificate (or a letter from the national society confirming one of these statuses)
- A copy of the ID (identity card or passport)
- A passport-size photo
Application deadline: 10 january 2023 – 17:00 cet
You are invited to circulate this scholarship application call to the young dermatologists and venereologists in your network. Attached, is the official scholarship flyer, as well as the event banner should you wish to publish them on your website.
eparately, we are happy to announce that EADV membership applications and renewals for 2023 are now open. Please see this presentation for an overview of our events and activities in the upcoming months.
We remain at your disposal should you have any questions.