15 May 2015
On the occasion of its partnership with the ESDR, Galderma has set up two annual Acne & Rosacea Research Awards to encourage young investigators to specialize in Acne and Rosacea.
One award is dedicated to Basic Research, and the other to Translational Research. They will be awarded to investigators who published the best paper or contributed significantly to better understand the fields of Acne and/or Rosacea. In 2015 an ad hoc Acne & Rosacea Selecting Committee will be held to select the Awardees. These awards are not limited to ESDR members, but are open to scientists worldwide.
The awardees will be granted a 10 000 € Award and invited by Galderma to present their work during the next ESDR meeting on Friday 11th of September in Rotterdam, NL.
To honor excellence in acne/rosacea research that significantly contributes to our understanding of acne/ rosacea pathophysiology with direct translational relevance.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATIONS
REQUEST FOR APPLICATION FORMS
- Only electronic files will be accepted
- Acceptance of award conditions must be sent signed by e-mail
DEADLINE FOR INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
May, 15th 2015
10 000 Euros
September, 10th 2014
- The GALDERMA ACNE/ROSACEA TRANSLATIONAL Research Award is intended to honor the accomplishments of a researcher in the field of translational acne/rosacea research, especially with respect to research progress with direct relevance to human diseases. It can be either significant improvements in translational aspects with direct relevance to acne/rosacea biology, to acne/rosacea diagnostics or the therapy of acne/rosacea. The submitted publication should not be older than 12 months, or in press.
- Another intent is to encourage his or her continued translational research activity in this field. The field of research may be fundamental, but must address the translational aspect of acne/rosacea pathobiology. Projects focused on other skin diseases won't be considered.
- The published or accepted work should be of relevant impact for this field. If accepted (in press), but not published, direct evidence of acceptance should be provided.
Applications must be typed in English and include:
- The candidate's curriculum vitae
- A summary (max 250 words) of the candidate's published/accepted publication.
- A description of the impact of this published work for the research field in the future (250 words).
- A signed copy of the acceptance of the award conditions.
The applications for the GALDERMA TRANSLATIONAL Research Award will be reviewed by a panel of experts. The jury's decision will be final and without appeal.
The selection process will take into account the quality of the published (in press) research in the field of acne/rosacea.
The awardee will be selected in Q2-Q3 2015. Only one Award will be granted.
In addition to the award, travel expenses and accommodation (2 nights) for the ESDR meeting 2015 in Rotterdam will be covered by Galderma.
The recipient will be personally notified of the decision.
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be notified that their application has been received.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- GENERAL. Applications must be typed in English. The jury cannot accept unclear applications or applications where information is missing.
- PUBLICATION. A pdf version of the publication to be awarded should be provided with the application.
- CURRICULUM VITAE. Should contain: name, date of birth, nationality, home address and telephone number, business address with telephone and fax numbers, education and training, current and past professional positions, publications, research funding.
- SIGNATURE. With your signature you agree to the conditions specified for the GALDERMA TRANSLATIONAL Research Award.
Galderma Acne/Rosacea Research Awards 2015